In pursuance to subsection (1) and (2) of section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013, the Central Government hereby makes the following amendment in the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. Short Title and Commencement: –
I. These Rules may be called the Companies (Incorporation) Amendment Rules, 2020.
II. The rules shall come into force with effect from 23rd February 2020.
2. In the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014, Rule 9, the below-mentioned rule be substituted namely:-
“9. Reservation of name and change of name-
For Reservation of Name: An application for reservation of a name shall be submitted or made through the web services, available at www.mca.gov.in by using web services SPICe+ i.e, Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically Plus); and
For Change of Name:
An application for change of name of an existing Company/ LLP by using Web Services RUN (Reserve Unique Name) along with the fees as provided in the Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014, which may either may be approved or rejected, as the case may be, by Central Registration Centre or Registrar after allowing re-submission of such form within 15 days for rectification of defects, if any, w.e.f 23.02.2020.”
3. In the rules 10, 12, sub-rule (1) of rule 19, subrules (1), (2), (3), (4), (7) and (9) of Rule 38, wherever the words, letters, figures, and brackets, “Form No INC-32 (SPICe), occurs, the letters, figures and brackets “SPICE+ (Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically Plus: INC-32)” shall be substituted with effect from 23rd February 2020.
4. In the said rule 38, in marginal heading, for the word, brackets and letters “Electronically (SPICE)”, the words, brackets, and letters “Electronically Plus (SPICE+)” shall be substituted onwards from 23rd February 2020.
5. In the said rule 38A, followings are the amendments:
(i) In marginal heading of said rule, wherever the words, brackets and letters “and Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) Registration”, the words, brackets, and letters “ Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) Registration and Profession Tax Registration and Opening of Bank Account” shall be substituted w.e.f 23rd February 2020.
(ii) For the words or letters “AGILE”, the letters “AGILE-PRO”, shall be substituted;
(iii) The following clauses shall be inserted after clause (c), namely: